New Zealand roads can be quite different to navigate for many overseas drivers. Due to a combination of factors, from winding paths to hilly terrain, it’s important to be aware of these differences to keep you and your loved ones as safe as possible.
- Use this handy distance calculator from the Automobile Association to estimate travel times
- Study the official road code to make sure you’re following the law
- Check if you’re allowed to drive in New Zealand here
- Read the Drive Safe website to ensure your understanding of New Zealand roads
- Read the New Zealand Transport Agency (NZTA) booklet in your native language here.
MX5 Rentals wants you to have a safe and enjoyable trip in New Zealand, so it’s important to check out the above resources so you’re prepared to drive on our roads.
For more helpful hints for drivers visiting New Zealand,click here.